Study the key concepts and skills in bookkeeping to understand and provide a full bookkeeping service to your clients or employer. Learn the knowledge and capabilities expected for a professional bookkeeper and apply these skills to businesses.
This certificate will give you all the skills you need to crunch the numbers and assess the health of a business. Also included in this certificate are tools to calculate and assess business performance in order to make key strategic and financial decisions.
This course can be paid off through an interest free payment plan for $25 per week. It also qualifies for a discount for upfront payments.
This course is made up of 2 in-depth modules and make up 23 lessons. The amount of study time required to complete this course is approximately 200 hours of study. There is an option to reduce modules from this program to suit your needs.
You are studying online – but you are not studying alone. Our tutor support service comes with all of our courses and is available to you 24 hours, 7 days a week.
A Certificate of attainment will be issued upon completion of your course.
Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to fit your study in with your schedule.
This certificate is accredited through the International Approval and Registration Centre (IARC). A non-profit, global organisation to help you gain employment.
This course is ideal for:
- People interested in starting their own bookkeeping business
- Individuals wanting to maintain the books of their existing business
- Students looking to work in a finance department
This certificate has been created by industry experts to equip you with the bookkeeping skills required for your own business or the company you are working for. It is delivered online to suit your lifestyle and allow you to study at your own pace.
Simply Learning partners with Australian tax agent firms to provide you with qualified accountants for support and mentoring during the course.
Where could you work?
- Small Business Owner
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Manager
- Payroll Officer
This course is comprised of 2 modules:
- Bookkeeping Foundations
- Bookkeeping Applications
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
Topics that will be covered in the Bookkeeping Foundations module include:
- Nature, Scope and Function of Bookkeeping
- The Balance Sheet
- Analysing and Designing Accounting Systems
- The Double Entry Recording Process Ledgers
- Cash Receipts and Cash Payments Journal
- The Credit Fees and Purchases Journal
- The General Journal
- Closing the Ledger
- The Profit and Loss Statement
- Depreciation on Non-current Assets
- Profit Determination and Balance Day Adjustments
- Cash Control: Bank Reconciliation and Petty Cash
- Cash Control: Budgeting
Topics that will be covered in the Bookkeeping Applications module include:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping Applications
- Decision Making: How to manage bookkeeping
- Managing Cash Flow, Obtaining Finance, Managing Bad Debts and Accounts Payable
- Managing Inventory
- Establishing and Managing Control Accounts
- Payroll, PAYG Taxation, Taxation for Trading Businesses
- Financial Statement Analysis
“It is very well organised as an institution, and the courses are well focused.”
“The presentation allowed the course to become very accessible and practical. Even for those with a lower level in English like me.”
“Yes it is [a valuable learning experience], it is challenging and in turn rewarding. I am getting an extensive knowledge of the field and am learning how to apply concepts in an easy way.”